Today's ten mile result highlights - not all that cold, very light drizzle if any, little wind, no officials, no km marks or other course markings, nothing. Thea's best ever run ever, well on target for a sub 1:40 half marathon soon. No casualties amongst the group after the sprints and surges we did in training last week.
3. Thea Zimpel 1:14:19
5. Charlie McCormack W40 1:15:24
8. Maria O'Reilly W50 1:15:55
9. Cathy Newman W45 1:16:51
14. Kathy Sims W55 1:22:16
16. Caroline Campbell W60 1:25:08
17. Annemarie Calnan W50 1:25:23
20. Gabrielle Brown W40 1:26:13
21. Charmaine Knobel W50 1:26:16
23. Pam Faulks W45 1:29:02
25. Ruth Baussmann W55 1:30:20
26. Margaret McSpadden W55 1:30:21
17. Richard Faulks M45 1:06:44
22. Bob Harlow M55 1:09:31
24. John Kennedy M55 1:09:51
35. Geoff Moore M55 1:14:06
37. Alan Green M55 1:14:52
45. Geoff Sims M55 1:23:45
46. Geoff Barker M60 1:24:02
47. Peter McDonald M50 1:24:26
This was a pathetic run from me, although certainly not my worst ever run ever, however everyone else was brilliant of course. On current (two weeks ago) form I should be able to run approximately 1:06.43 for this race. The fact that I had more pit stops during the run than I have ever had in all other races combined in a 45 year career is no excuse. Five pit stops! The good news is, I still felt better than I have on any day for the last two weeks.
Oh, I nearly forgot the 5k that was on at the same time.
1. Katie Forestier W40 21:52
6. Graeme Small M65 28:10
Yes those age groups are correct! And what a good turn-out from our team.
Upbeat Protein Drink Review
20 minutes ago