Friday 28 July 2006

one funeral too many

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, July 28, 2006 with

I have been to enough funerals in the last twelve months to last me a lifetime.


I don't want to go to any more for a while.

Probably very few readers knew Ben Casey, member of ACTVAC. He died this week of bone cancer.

Here's a school magazine photo from 1962, of the Adelaide Boys High School athletics team. Ben is back row, second from the left. I am front row, second from the left.


Hello
From the world below
I'm watching the sun burning
As the world is slowly turning
Well I know
That in letting go
I'm learning how to live
through a life I have to give
Yes hello
To the world below
I'm watching the world spinning
This night seems so unending
Well I follow
To a place I know
That's only the beginning
Start over after ending
- The Beginning, Lifehouse