Sunday 2 July 2006

Gold Coast

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, July 02, 2006 with
Well I am off to Sydney for a week and may not post... there is an internet cafe at Acer stadium where I will be daytimes, but there will be a queue I expect.
Last week I only managed about 65k due to wet days, back problems, and being busy.
But I still managed a BBQ Stakes pb of 25.40 and a 20.10 5k at Customs which is clear third best time for that course and included a "dance with a dog" for more than a few seconds.
My weight is 65 kilos and falling. Good.
And while in Sydney I plan only to jog most days.

Gold Coast results
I will update this part of the post if and when more information comes through. All I know so far - unreliable -
Lee Troop won the marathon in 2hr 14min ish, 2nd Gemechu Woyecha (ACT) in 2hr 17.

In the Half the first four Australians were all from the ACT.
1 Marty Dent 62m 57 (1min pb and world 20k road champ qualifier)
2 Japanese runner second
3 Anthony Haber (64m 20 massive pb also with a 20k road qualifier)
4 Japanese fourth
5 Scott McTaggart 64m 50 ish
6 Phillo Saunders 66m 5 seconds