Thursday 15 June 2006

Square One

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, June 15, 2006 with
“Under the surface trying to break through”
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Reading other runners' blogs is something I do every day. It is a good way to get inspired to carry on, whether it is one of those rare blue days one would have thrown in the towel, if one had a towel, or whether it is one of those happy days when everything's fine, the kitchen installers have done the right thing, and my training is up to date.

This blog's right hand column has a few links (see "blogroll"), and if you want more, you cannot do better than browsing the cool running blogging guide.

Speaking of which, I see Strewth has joined Team M. Welcome!

“You just want somebody listening to what you say”

I do have a towel by the way, a nice new blue Doomben Half finisher's towel. That was a good idea, race organisers, prizes should be things you can eat, and/or wear, and/or carry around with your racing kit.

I see that Belconnen's weather yesterday ranged from minus seven to plus eight. That's almost illegal, isn't it? It was OK though, there was no wind. One had to be very careful, however, not to slip on the ice on the front steps when retrieving the morning paper.

"The future's for discovering the space in which we're travelling"

My eldest grandchild (of the nine we currently have) is seven years old today. Phew! Makes one realise the days are ticking past fast. Happy Birthday Kayleigh.

“You wonder if your chance will ever come
Or if you're stuck in square one”


I do feel like I restart from square one after every hard effort requiring recovery. Oh for those younger days when I could bounce back to form in minutes!!