Friday 12 May 2006

Boring

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, May 12, 2006 with
Some of the running blogs I read contain quite a bit of detail - needless detail? - about seemingly everyday occurrences. We learn about the latest niggles, the time run for every km of today's training, the wind direction, what was eaten during the day. Ho hum. Nevertheless these running blogs are fascinating compared with this blog. Highly recommended. A sample post -

Today I parallel parked. I first used my turn signal to indicate the direction of the parking spot I wanted to park in. Then I pulled ahead of the space until I had pulled up beside the car parked in front of the space. My rear bumper was even with that car's rear bumper with about 2 feet of road between us. I then put the car in reverse and began to back up slowly. As soon as the car started moving, I turned the wheel as far as it would go toward the curb. I then proceeded to back slowly into the space. When the back of my car's front door was even with the rear bumper of the car beside me, I began turning the wheel away from the curb. I continued to turn the wheel away from the curb and backed slowly into the space. Finally, I straightened out the wheel, then pulled forward, and then back in the space as I needed to center myself between the cars in front of and behind me. At the time of being finished with the parking procedure, my car was 6 to 8 inches from the curb.