Monday 6 February 2006

Stars are peering

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, February 06, 2006 with

Progress

last week’s target 80 km, achieved 82 km
this week’s target 90 km (with next Sunday off)
weight 67 kilos. I will record this as "weight lost" in future. 0.0 kilos
quote of the week “People never think how things affect the family of a henchman” Austin Powers

song of the week
.
Buddy Holly’s Oh Boy has a phrase like “stars appearing”. Or as my link to the lyrics on the internet has it, “Stars are peering”. Isn’t it interesting how everyone has their own version of popular song lyrics? This could open up an interesting topic. Isn’t it interesting too that my two favourite bands Coldplay & Switchfoot have songs that parallel that line and also each other. The songs are Stars by Switchfoot and Yellow by Coldplay. Stars by Switchfoot goes “When I look at the Stars – I see someone else”. What other songs "look at the stars?"?

Song of the WeekYellow by Coldplay
.
Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do Yeah, they were all yellow.
I came along, I wrote a song for you, And all the things you do, And it was called "Yellow."
So then I took my turn, Oh what a thing to have done, And it was all yellow.
Your skin, Oh yeah, your skin and bones, turned into something beautiful, You know You know I love you so, You know I love you so.
I swam across, I jumped across for you, Oh what a thing to do. ‘Cause you were all yellow,
I drew a line, I drew a line for you, Oh what a thing to do, And it was all yellow.
Your skin, Oh yeah your skin and bones, Turned into something beautiful, You know, For you I'd bleed myself dry, For you I'd bleed myself dry.
It's true, look how they shine for you, Look how they shine for you, Look how they shine for... Look how they shine for you, Look how they shine for you, Look how they shine...
Look at the stars; Look how they shine for you, And all the things that you do