Saturday 9 July 2005

Warm one day, cold the next

Posted by Ewen on Saturday, July 09, 2005 with
This time last week I was walking around Surfers Paradise in shorts and sandals. This morning I was wading bare foot through a freezing Vanities Crossing wearing wet-weather gear and gloves! I told Geoff I'd write something here while he's away. I arrived home on Tuesday night and have been 'flat to the boards' since then but have finally got around to it.

I thought I'd list a few 'Team Moore' results from the Gold Coast events. The age category result is in brackets. If I've forgotten anyone, write a comment below and I'll edit this post! I've taken the times from the website as they are a couple of seconds quicker than the newspaper times!

In the marathon Cathy Montalto was a member of the official ACT team and ran 3:52:47 (6th). Jennifer Amyx ran 4:42:09 (68th). Here are the half marathon results - myself 1:41:57 (66th), Margaret McSpadden 1:56:33 (6th), Peter Hogan 2:13:35 (137th). Peter was running with Victoria. In the 10k run Ruth Kennedy ran 40:15 to be third female 21-24.

There were 1912 finishers in the marathon, 3833 in the half and 2582 in the 10k. If anybody wants a fast 10k or half marathon course try this one in 2006. I think I'll be back. For the marathon it can be a trifle warm and this year the cooling sea breeze was a head-wind for the last 10k!