Saturday 26 February 2005

10k championship results

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, February 26, 2005 with
Not many of us attempted the 10k on Thursday; I managed to struggle around in a very slow time to complete a rare track 10k; my achilles decided to seize up again right from the start (fortunately it is much improved today!). The other results are a lot better as you can see below. Conditions were steam-bath humid so no records were going to be set, that is for certain.

M55 2nd Ken Eynon 43:42
M55 3rd Geoff Moore 44:58
M65 1st Tony Booth 46:53
W35 1st Amanda Walker 47:17
W55 1st Margaret McSpadden 55:01

Kevin Matthews and Maureen Rossiter were the winners of the Daniels Series, both with big runs in the last race to clinch the series.

I will award Kevin and Maureen the chocolate frog awards for the week - after all I am the handicapper, so I am really the person they beat!