Saturday 22 January 2005

Achilles tendonitis remedy

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, January 22, 2005 with
I have been managing a chronic achilles problem for thirty years - more or less successfully until recently (November 2004) when the injury was aggravated.

Seeing if there was any new treatment for the problem, a few weeks ago I searched the web, and talked to a few people, to discover that eccentric work on the calf muscle was being promoted as a cure for achilles tendonitis.

I was reassured when I visited Adrian my physio this week and he told me he was going to prescribe eccentric strengthening exercises, after some initial treatment.

Once Adrian gives me these exercises and I have used them for a while, I will be able to report how successful a cure the exercises are.

Meanwhile, have a read of one of many articles explaining what it's all about, and see what you think.